Amazon has the possibility to display variants in a drop down window instead of showing each variant as an individual product. In order to show your product variants on Amazon and in your Amazon inventory with a drop down window you will need to create two Amazon marketplaces per country, one for the parent-products and one for the variants.
1) Amazon parent marketplace setup
1. When creating the the Parent Amazon channel select the field item_group_id as Unique ID per product or another field containing an item_group_ID.
2. Copy or set-up categories in the Categories tab.
3. Exclude variants in the Rules to only leave the parent products.
4. Set the following rule to add the parent tag to the item_group_IDs and group on item_group_id to remove possible duplicates.
5. Set stock to 0 for all parents
6. go to the attribute builder and fill all the essential (red) fields.
7. Set Variant Theme (Varianten-Design for Amazon DE) to one of the 3 variant options
-ColorName (when using color variants)
-Size/Color (when using size and color variants)
-SizeName (when using size variants)
8. Set Parentage (Variantenbestandteil in Amazon DE) to Parent
|Variation Theme - Amazon UK||Parentage - Amazon UK||Varianten-Design/Variantenbestandteil - Amazon DE|
2) Amazon variant marketplace setup
1. When creating the variant Amazon channel set unique ID per product to ID
2. Copy categories in the Categories tab.
3. Exclude parent products in the Rules tab and only leave the variant products.
4. Go to the attribute builder and fill all the essential (red) fields.
5. Set Relationship Type (Produktbeziehungstyp in Amazon DE) to Variation
|Relationship Type - Amazon UK||Produktbeziehungstyp - Amazon DE|
6. Copy the item_group_id + parent rule from step 4 of the Parent marketplace and couple the field containing item_group_ID-parent to parent SKU (SKU des übergeordneten Produkts in Amazon DE) in the attribute builder.
|Parent SKU - Amazon UK||SKU des übergeordneten Produkts - Amazon DE|
3) Send your products to Amazon marketplace
1. When finished with the Parent and Variant marketplace, run the parent marketplace and check if the parent products are visible in your Amazon Seller Central account.
2. Run the variant marketplace.
When successful your products will now have a variant menu in the Amazon inventory