Note: Cdiscount is a feature that will need to be switched on for you. Please contact us if you wish to start sending your products to Cdiscount.
General information on Cdiscount
Cdiscount is a French marketplace that lets you sell products based on a cost-per-sale (CPS) model. Take the following conditions into account when sending product listings to Cdiscount:
- You need a Cdiscount seller account, which you can create here: https://seller.cdiscount.com/login?language=en-GB
- You need valid EAN codes to send your products to Cdiscount
- You can only send products to Cdiscount if the EAN code of your product is already known to Cdiscount. If the EAN code is not known to Cdiscount you can manually add them to the Cdiscount catalog in your Seller Central under "Stock > Create a product"
- For now, we can only send new products to Cdiscount, not used products
- We can't delete product listings from Cdiscount, we can only disable ads by setting the stock to 0 (excluding a product in Channable automatically does this for you in Cdiscount)
How do I start sending to Cdiscount?
If you have an account at Cdiscount (see step 1 above), you can head over to your Channable account and go to APIs> Add new API. Next, you can click "Add a new connection" (see below).
Note: when creating the connection you have to enter a Cdiscount username and password. Make sure you use the API username and password, not the username and password you login to Cdiscount with. You can find the API username and password in your Cdiscount account under Settings > Your personal settings and bank details > Connection Informations. If you go there, you'll find the API username and password as shown in the screenshot below:
Copty the API username and password. Next, you select the Cdiscount logo in your Channable account, choose a name for your new connection (e.g. "yourshop - Cdiscount") and click "create" afterwards.
In the next screen, select your new Cdiscount connection, choose a name for your marketplace (e.g. "Cdiscount") and click continue.
Start building the product listings!
Once you have created the marketplace, you'll be sent to the categories page. For Cdiscount you can skip the categorization step and go straight to the rules to set your rules (e.g. excluding certain products). After the rules, go to build to start building your listings.
In the "item" tab you connect the fields containing your EAN code, your stock, your title and your description, similar to how it's done in the screenshot below.
Next, in Build step of your API, go to the "Price & Shipping" tab. Here you can connect the price field and select the shipping methods that you offer and the shipping price for those shipping methods. If you want to know more about shipping options for Cdiscount, go this support page. If you're done with this tab of the Build step, it should look something like this:
Check & Send
Next, go to the Preview step of your API to check the products that are about to be sent to Cdiscount. If that looks right, go to the Settings step of your API and activate the API:
Finally, go to APIs and click "Run now" on your newly set Cdiscount marketplace to start sending the products!
Note: If you get any errors in the preview step you can look them up on the following page (scroll down to "error messages")