Important: if you install a different version of the Channable app in your Lightspeed appstore, you will still have to remove the old app to avoid double invoices from Lightspeed. You can always contact Channable to check if the installation of the new app went okay, and to double check which app you can remove in the appstore.
When you exceed the maximum number of products for the Channable Small or Medium app in Lightspeed, you must upgrade to the Channable Large app (in case you want to upgrade from Small to Medium, choose Medium). Doing so requires several steps, which are described in this article.
0) Change the feed type to XML (optional)
We recommend this step as a failsafe in case anything goes wrong in the upgrading process. In Channable, for the affected shop go to Setup > Settings. Choose 'Change import' and click XML. Leave the URL field blank. Click 'Continue' and then 'Save and import'. The feed will now fail to import but the old data will be preserved.
1) Uninstall the Channable Small or Medium app
Log in to the back end of your Lightspeed store and go to the App Store. Go to 'My Purchases' and uninstall the Channable app you have installed previously by clicking the red button on the right next to it. Confirm that you want to do this in the dialog that appears.
2) Install the Channable Large (or Medium) app
- Return to the App store and search for 'Channable'.
- You will find the Channable Large app.
- Select it and click install. Lightspeed will now ask you to verify your Lightspeed credentials.
- After verifying you will continue to a Channable signup screen. In this screen, choose 'I already have an account' located at the bottom. If you are not logged in to Channable, you will be asked to provide your login credentials for Channable.
- Lightspeed will now ask for several permissions. Proceed through these screens to continue.
3) Create a new Lightspeed connection in Channable
You should be returned to Channable. Click 'Create connection'. The connection is now created in Channable. Go to Setup > Settings and choose 'Change import'. Choose the new Connection, Continue, Save and Import and the new connection should be in place. Channable will import your products just like it did before.
4) Contact us
Be sure to contact us so we can make sure Channable recognizes your upgrade. If everything went according to plan, Channable will import your products just like it did before. Lightspeed will automatically handle the billing changes.
If at any point you have any questions, feel free to contact us.